Small Systems Laboratory
Past Researchers of SSL:
Past Post-doctoral Researchers:
- Dr. Mariyappan Shanmugam (2014-2015) Currently Oakridge National Laboratory.
- Dr. Carlos Jarro (2012-2014); Current Position: Electro-Optics Research and Nanotechnology Center, University of Louisville.
- Dr. Kasif Teker (2005-2006); Current Position: Associate Professor, Istanbul SeHir Universitisi, Istanbul, Turkey.
Past Graduate Students:
- Shoaxin Lu, Photomechanical actuation in nanotube-polymer composites and their applications in micro-opto-mechanical systems (Ph.D. 2006, University of Delaware, Post-doctoral research: University of Pennsylvania, 2007, Current Position: Silicon Sensors, CA).
- James Loomis, Nano-carbon elastomer composites: Characterization and applications in photomechanical actuation (Ph.D. 2013; University of Louisville, Recipient of Guy Stevenson Award for Graduate Research; Postdoctoral fellow at Prof. Gang Chen’s Nanoengineering group at Massachusetts Institute of Technology 2015, Current Position: Senior Lecturer, University of Auckland, NZ)
- Peng Xu, Near infra-red photon-assisted polymerization of advanced polymer composites (Ph.D. 2013; Current Position: Advisory engineer/Scientists IBM Research Center, Albany, NY)
- Farhad Khosravi, Nanotube devices for capture and analysis of cancer biomarkers and circulating tumor cells (Ph.D. July 2016, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Current Position: Post-doctoral researcher, Small Systems Laboratory, Worcester Polytechnic Institute)
- Xioming Fan, Liquid crystals of carbon nanotubes elastomer composite based photomechanical actuators (M.S., 2014, University of Louisville)
- Alisha Bragg, Fabrication and Characterization of Graphene Gels (M.S., 2014, University of Louisville)
- Tom Burkhead Development of a carbon nanotube biosensor for the detection of radiation damage in human blood (M.S., 2012, University of Louisville)
- Benjamin King, Carbon nanotube biosensors for detection of biomarkers in breast cancer cells (M.S., 2012, University of Louisville)
- Vanessa Velasco, Carbon nanotube thin film transistors for biomedical applications (M.S., 2010, University of Louisville)
- Peng Xu, Integration of Ag2Ga nanoneedles on batch fabricated micro-grippers for material property measurement (M.S., 2010, University of Louisville)
- Ye Liu, Photoconductivity of aligned carbon nanotube fibers (2007, University of Delaware)
- Ning Shao, Sensing, Imaging and Photodynamic therapy of cancer (2006, Univ. Delaware)
- Kousik Sivakumar, Nanowire sensors and actuators (M.S. 2005, University of Delaware)
- Ranjani Sirdeshmukh, Biological functionalization of single wall carbon nanotubes (2004, University of Delaware)